17 in 2017
I am borrowing this concept from some financial instagramers (is that a word?) / bloggers that I follow (ya know, that whole trying to get out of debt thing 🙂 ).
The concept is simple – 17 goals to accomplish in 2017 – as big (or small) as you like, as long as it brings you happiness. And, while those goals are financial related, I am looking to these as career oriented.
Without further ado, here are mine:
- Publish 1 blog post per month
- Publish 6 episodes of The Talking Devs
- Move into my new home office, freshly renovated for maximum feelz of zone-age.
- Release a .NET Core, OSS project
- Learn Chef and/or Puppet
- Learn (more) Vagrant
- Learn Python
- Increase participation / development efforts to the IAR (Independent Animal Rescue) website / cms.
- Release a Visual Studio Code extension
- Get a better feel for Linux, as I am (currently) hosting / managing 4 sites on DigitalOcean
- Read 3 technical books
- Rejoin the Columbus Developers’ Book Club
- Contribute to an OSS project
- Update my Chocolatey packages to latest version(s)
- Create new Chocolatey package
- Release a Visual Studio extension
- Learn Elixir
I realize some of these may be hard to gauge / score / measure, but I want to get them written down before the year begins! I’ll likely follow up with some more detail as I figure it out 🙂
What about you, dear reader? What will you accomplish in 2017?